Volunteer/Employee Requirements for Working with Children
We must provide safe environments for all youth. ALL adults who work with minors must be held to a code of conduct that is Christ-centered and professional. The Safe Environment Program implemented by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge requires us to evaluate the background of all paid personnel and volunteers whose duties include ongoing, unsupervised contact with minors.
Any parent/adult (18 and older) wanting to volunteer with children must fulfill the following requirements as mandated by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and the Diocese of Baton Rouge.
- All information can be found on the Diocese of Baton Rouge Child and Youth Protection website.
- Submit to a criminal background screening by completing the EAPPS Form for Volunteers or Employees which includes background information and background check history. The information on this form will be entered into a data base for the Diocese of Baton Rouge.
- Provide a copy of your current Driver's License with this form.
- Read the Code of Ethics for Volunteers or Employees and sign and return the Signature form.
- Complete The Safe and Sacred Online Training and print the certificate provided upon completion.
- Submit all of these items to Sandra Colomb, Child Protection Coordinator for St. Patrick Parish.
For a printable checklist, click here.