God bless these beautiful children who received their First Eucharist.
We welcome them to the table of the Lord.
First Eucharist, 2019
In order for a child to begin preparation for the sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist, the following requirements must be met:
- The child’s family must be registered in St. Patrick Parish.
- The child must have completed the first and second grades of Religious Education either through a Parish School of Religion or a Catholic school.
- A child beyond second grade with no religious education will be prepared through the RCIC process.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE PARENTS AND STUDENT DURING THE PREPARATION:
- Weekly attendance at Sunday Mass.
- Parents must take responsibility as the child’s “Primary Catechetical Teacher” and attend all parental sessions.
- The child must attend all preparation classes and the retreat scheduled for each sacrament.
- Parents must serve on at least one of the sacramental retreats for Reconciliation and Eucharist.