TO PROVIDE AN ATMOSPHERE THAT ENHANCES COMMUNITY, CELEBRATION AND WORSHIP
Proclaim the Word of God and to the assembly at Liturgical celebrations. Training is provided for new readers. Involves reading approximately once every five to seven weeks on a rotating schedule at weekend Masses. Must be Confirmed or preparing for Confirmation. CONTACT: St. Patrick Office at 753-5750.
Serves the community by distributing Holy Communion at Sunday and Holy Day Masses. Ministers must be Confirmed and able to participate fully in the Sacramental life of the Church. Involves serving at weekend Liturgies approximately once a month. CONTACT: St. Patrick Office at 753-5750.
Girls and boys, fourth - twelfth grade, assists the priest at Sunday and Holy Day Liturgies. New servers are trained and mentored during the first three assignments. Assigned 1 - 2 times per month depending on the server's preferences. CONTACT: St. Patrick Office at 753-5750.
Our choir is open to anyone who enjoys singing and has a desire to encourage congregational participation. No experience is necessary, just a willingness to serve the community at worship!
- 4:00 P.M. Choir: Choir rehearses at 3 p.m. in room 108 of the Youth Formation Center prior to Mass. CONTACT: Patti Hayes at 603-6374.
- 7:30 A.M. Choir: Choir rehearses at 6:45 a.m. in the church prior to Mass. CONTACT: Shari Smith at 292-4222.
- 9:30 A.M. Choir: Practice is held in the church every Wednesday from 7:30 until 9:30 p.m. The repertoire consists of a mixture of many different styles of music. CONTACT: Vivian Lucek at 752-3575.
- 11:30 A.M. Choir: Practices are held in the church every Tuesday from 7 - 9 p.m. The repertoire consists of a mixture of many different styles of music. CONTACT: Vivian Lucek at 752-3575.
- Children's Choir: Composed of children third through ninth grade who sing at the 9:30 a.m. Mass on the second Sunday of each month throughout the school year. They also sing for special events such as the Annual Christmas Concert, the Christmas Vigil and First Eucharist. No experience is necessary, just a willingness to commit to weekly rehearsals each Wednesday from 6:15 until 7:15 p.m. The first rehearsal begins Wednesday immediately following Labor Day. CONTACT: Shantele Butler at 975-1606 or [email protected].
- Resurrection Choir: This choir sings at parish funeral Masses. Composed of parishioners who meet 30 minutes prior to the funeral Mass to rehearse and prepare music. The repertoire consists of well-known songs, generally chosen by the families. Notification regarding funerals is primarily through emails or phone calls. CONTACT: Vivian Lucek at 752-3575.
For men and women ages 18 and over who serve as ministers of hospitality at Liturgical celebrations greeting people, seating parishioners, receiving offerings, etc. Ushers serve at the Mass they normally attend. Quarterly dinner meetings and some social activities are scheduled. CONTACT: William Duncan at 892-3361.
Assists in caring for the church. It provides and cares for all priest vestments, altar server robes, altar cloths and communion vessels. It also provides communion breads, sacramental wine and candles. Membership is open to everyone. Meets on the third Tuesday of most months of the year at 6:00 p.m. CONTACT: Renee Lindsey at 978-0128.
WEEKLY CHURCH CLEANING
Routine straightening, dusting and cleaning the church to prepare for weekend Liturgies. The work takes approximately one to two hours each week (usually Mondays) by volunteers who rotate every six weeks. Responsibilities are shared each time with one or two other people. CONTACT: Mary Godeaux at 938-4523.
CHILDREN’S LITURGY OF THE WORD CATECHISTS
Held on the first and third Sunday of each month during the 9:30 a.m. Mass. This offers an opportunity to present the Sunday readings to young parishioners in a format designed for their understanding. Adult volunteers are needed as catechists. CONTACT: Mary Benson at 753-7226.