Expecting parents are asked to contact the Parish Office (225/753-5750) early in pregnancy to initiate processing for the sacrament of Baptism.
PROCESS FOR PARISHIONERS SEEKING THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM FOR CHILDREN LESS THAN 7 YEARS OF AGE:
- Initial contact with Formation Secretary, Yvette Caillouet at the Parish Office.
- Parental Baptismal Interview with the Director of Religious Education, Lisa Trahan.
- Completion of a Baptismal Seminar by parents and godparents.
- Parents must contact the Formation Secretary following the seminar to affirm their decision to request Baptism.
- Signed and returned Godparent Affidavit form.
- Once all the above steps are completed, a written confirmation of date/time will be sent to the parents.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARENTS AND GODPARENTS:
- At least one parent must be a practicing Catholic who attends Mass weekly.
- A godparent must be 16 years of age, attend Mass weekly, be Confirmed, and if married, must be married in the Catholic Church.